E-commerce marketing is the method of making sales by creating and increasing awareness about an online store’s product offerings and brand.
E-commerce marketing is the process of making sales by building and raising consciousness about an online store’s product offerings and brand.
The same tactics of traditional marketing can be applied to E-commerce marketing in a digital realm,
as it allows businesses to reap the benefits from those who are in the mindset to buy.
An online market is a busy place, and it is ever-growing in popularity.
Ecommerce marketing is a great way for stores and organizations to tap into that growing power, creating advertisements
that guide consumers to an E-commerce website.
Ecommerce marketers can leverage digital content, social media platforms, search engines, and email campaigns to attract
visitors and promote purchases online.
E-stores must utilize all of the above digital channels to advertise all of its products and grow the business.
Channelizing on different platforms will open the consumer up to a new world of purchase opportunities and
will help them become familiar with your particular brand in the meantime.
All in all, E-commerce website marketing is often seen as a win-win situation.
Ecommerce Marketing Strategies
E-commerce websites are profoundly visual. E-commerce entrepreneurs must leverage social media platforms to
steer attention and traffic to their online stores.
The business people have to show off the product after all the success on social media depends on
the use of imagination to steer attention and traffic to the online shops.
It is one kind of the practice of driving top-of-funnel traffic to convert into sales and customers.
There are multiple strategies and tactics to make this possible. Some of the top ones include:
- Market Affiliation – The ecommerce site will use banner ads or referrals from better-known websites to guide prospective customers to their page.
- SEO – Increasing organic searches is always a good idea for e-stores, as it can drive relevance and popularity up at once.
- Email Marketing – This is a great way to reach out to current customers, sending them offers and promotions to keep them interested and loyal.
- PPC – This is a viable option. You can pay other websites to advertise on their site, and they will get paid each time a customer clicks on your link.
- Display Advertising – It is a great option for busy sites. You can create images and links that will end up in a clear view of the buyer, providing them with visual stimuli that encourage them to check you out.
Top E-commerce Companies
To better understand what differentiates an ecommerce company from any website with a shopping cart,
there is a list of the top Internet retailers that classify as ecommerce sites.
This is where ecommerce marketing really comes in handy, as it allows users who are already a part of
these top sites to get involved with new shopping opportunities.
Example of some of the biggest ecommerce sites are –
- Amazon, Inc. – Founded in 1994 in Seattle by Jeff Bezos, Amazon, since then, has become a familiar name when it comes to online shopping. This online store today has the most significant revenue in the world, but its origins were humble.
- Jingdong – This online store is operating from Beijing and is the first of three major Chinese companies. Challenged by the renowned company – Alibaba, Jingdong obtained over a quarter of a billion registered users till 2018. The company was established in 1998 and started its online trading six years later. Today, the business flourishes with its high tech delivery system which comprises of robots, AI, and a fleet of drones.
- Alibaba Group Holding LTD. – Jack Ma, having been rejected from more than 30 job posts in the early 1990s, started producing websites for businesses with his wife and a friend. His business expanded exponentially, and in the year 1999, Alibaba Group was established, the world’s largest retailer of present-day, serving in more than 200 countries.
Read more on Plansters Blog
- eBay Inc. – It is one of the first prosperous dot-com bubble companies that outlined online shopping. The company was established in San Jose, California, in 1995, and its most unique feature is the online auction feature, besides a conventional buy-it-now shopping option.
- Rakuten Inc. -Rakuten is a Japanese e-commerce company that originated in 1997. They serve Japan’s largest online bank, in addition to online shopping and credit card payments.
- B2W Companhia Digital – It is a Brazilian based online retail firm. B2W Companhia Digital owns a market share of 50%. It was incepted in 2006 and is highly competitive as it holds numerous online ecommerce websites.
- Zalando – It is the first European company and is having its headquarters in Berlin. It comprises of the online stores that sell fashion items, such as apparel and shoes.
- Groupon – American e-commerce marketplace started in Chicago in 2008, reshaped the idea of group discount in online shopping. It connects its subscribers to local businesses in one of 500 cities worldwide.
Any retail or wholesale business is interesting in pursuing ecommerce marketing as a prime tactic for their niche audience.
This type of strategy also encourages Internet competitiveness and a more global reach.
Some ecommerce tools can be helpful to the business people to pace up with the evolving marketing strategies, including:
- 3D Cart and many others.
Thus, Ecommerce marketing is a powerful tool that you can use to promote any online retail or wholesale business,
as well as organizations that deal with trade.